The North Atlantic Audi Club (NAAC), a chapter of Audi Club North America, develops, promotes, and hosts a variety of educational, cultural, and sporting events of particular interest to the Audi owner community residing in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island
Advanced Technologies logo

2011-07-25 Minutes

BOD teleconference Meeting Minutes, NAAC 2011.07.26

218 339-4600, participant code 317961

Meeting called to order at 8:13 pm.

  • Attendees
    • Mike Collier, Chris Miller, Jason Tooth, Peter Schulz, Peter Barada, Scott Downs, Noah Daniels, Jon Porath
    • Regrets:, Buddy Gregory Mike Kelly, Paul Royal, Jeff Wasilko, Terrence Sturm
  • President’s Report (Mike Collier)
    • Last month has had lots of activities, German Car day, climb to the clouds, Kelly wedding, New England Forest Rally, LeMons race. Have a busy next four weeks, DIY brakes this weekend, family next, clinic, then labor day and time for a break. Feeling burnt out doing all this already. Overall we are doing the right things, lots of events. If people do not join in, their loss.
  • Secretary’s Report (Chris Miller)
    • Draft minutes sent via email after last meeting.
    • Motion to approve June meeting minutes by Noah, second by Jason. Approved unanimous.
  • Treasurer’s Report (Jason Tooth)

Has not had time to get financials done; just received last few invoices/receipts, plus LeMons, so will try to get done this weekend.

  • Prior Business
    • Standing Committee Reports
      • Web Committee
      • Social
      • Membership
      • Driving
      • Business mailing list
      • Promotions
      • Newsletter
      • Governance
      • Nominations Committee
  • Unfinished Business
    • Wrap-up of past months events:
      • Low Speed Instructor Day by Doug Cowieison
        • Very good day on June 22. Email from Doug: Missed having trailer; cold start then hot day. Good group, classrooms using car control slides. Exercises, then Ray did a short clinic on different learning types. Douglass confident on the student’s ability to help out in a low speed event. Sent a thank you letter from instructor corp.
      • Climb to the Clouds
        • A few people showed up (Paul, Jason, Peter, Jon P., etc.). Mike contacted president of sportscar club sponsoring hillclimb; spoke about doing an autocross together. They do well on own with full house; will speak more in future.
      • German Car Day
        • Feel like we missed an opportunity this year and last few; could have used this to promote other events. Be more proactive with tent there, banner, timing prior to other events. Next year make this an event the President follows up with. Need to have the fliers ready etc.
      • NE Forest Rally
        • Not much attendance from club.
    • Upcoming events:

      • DIY Brake Day
        • Two donor cars, several signed up.
      • Family Day 8/6
        • Has about 3/4 people committed (Noah and Rachel, Mike C …?)
        • Have not appropriated $$ to event. Peter B: motion for up to $250 towards expenses at family day. Second by Peter S. Approved unanimously.
        • Buddy has been working on winter school area; about 800 yards of fill, raised one side of skid pad, been down in field and working with excavator, made another set of roads from skid pad through two upper fields.
      • WDS
        • Received letter from Team O’Neil. Have built a cabin at north end of facility, just finishing now. 20×32’ log cabin, propane heater inside. Do you want same two weekends as last year? Noah: should also do schools at Buddy’s place, but have had no trouble filling schools if we promote them early. Complements buddy’s one day schools.
        • Mike: we need to decide on promotion; do we start booking two full schools, then bring online the single day schools at Buddy’s place?
        • Can book up Buddy’s schools three weeks prior, watching weather, a little later in year, no banquet, no hotel issues.
        • Motion by Peter B. to contact Team O’Neil to book the same two weekends as last year. Will leave decision on north or south school to their discretion. Second by Scott D. Unanimous.
        • Peter Schulz to event master first school January 28/29 . Scott Hochgraf has new job, cannot commit at this date. Chris Miller to do second school, Noah also can assist if needed. Mt. View Grand should be home base for one school (February is school vacation week 25/26 ).
      • New Jersey helmet rentals $720 received.
        • Peter B: we should look at pulling out some $ towards new helmets as these age. Jason will look at how much we’ve pulled in through rentals over last several years. NJ may still rent for Pocono, but may not for other events as NEQ is working with them. Mike: only have one xl helmet; need at least one more.
      • Timing Belt a thon:
        • 5 or 6 spots, have filled four. $50/head should cover food/drinks and rest to Lee. Should check if Lee still has a grill there.
      • Car Control Clinic August 20
        • Have at least four signed up now, Mike C. will attend with trailer, Jason and Scott H.
  • New Business
    • Buddy email: should we run another event at larger road track (the Glen, Tremblant, etc.).
      • Noah: have tried to partner with COM, without much success. Now, more of our instructors are with COM than were then.

      • Stafford Springs: could rent track, but limited on how many cars could fit, what are costs.
        • Quality of track/pavement? Layout?
        • Would be a good place for a one-day event.
      • Scarborough track (Beech Ridge ½ mile oval)? Chicane inside? Can consider other tracks as well if they have road course.
      • Thompson, Pomsen (offered at $2300 with fire/insurance included). Could run $150 for students with all expenses covered.
      • Pocono ended up with 55 green students. We should follow up with these tracks and see what options are, then regroup. Mike to make some calls.
      • Could be a great feeder to our other events, especially if put in the right location in our event schedule.
    • September and October events
      • Mike to contact Matt LeBlanc about teen clinic.
      • Buddy has rally
      • Start promotion for WDS in late September.
      • WDS dates to web site (Peter B.)
      • Fall dinner to help promote
      • Next month start working on elections, ballots, etc.
      • Day of Destruction demo derby, possible event?
  • Parking Lot
    • Tufts collegiate racecar, Formula Hybrid cars. Noah to act as coach in HPD techniques. Discussion on how club can potentially get involved. At this point, no action needed. Will work with Mike Kelly, also alum at Tufts.
    • Reciprocal agreement for instructors to work with our club, or our instructors to work with other clubs.
    • Web page: Peter B to put together primer on how to add content. Will update page with HMS event info.
    • Peter S. to work with Jeff W. to add names to announce list. See if we can get the 1200 emails in a file format to regularly backup/copy monthly.
  • Future teleconference meeting (Second Tuesday every month 8 pm):
    • No meeting in August.
    • Sept 13th, 2011 at 8 pm
  • Motion to adjourn by Jason, second by Peter B, at 9:28 pm, unanimous.

Comments are closed.